Warnings, cautions, caveats and so forth:
I endeavor to keep this Channel Islands Cruising Guide up-to-date, but I cannot guarantee that nothing has changed since my last visit. The prudent sailor will – in addition to using my cruising guide – carry
- Current NOAA charts which I buy from Frugal Navigator
- Updated chartplotter info (I use iSailGPS on my iPad)
- Coast Pilot
- Local Notice to Mariners (updates to charts, Coast Pilot and Light lists
- Channel Islands Cruising Guide (You’re free to print this one)
- Print outs from NPS warnings for areas I plan to traverse
The Channel Islands Cruising Guide is a work in progress …. and always will be. If you find something has changed, is inaccurate or there is missing information, please e-mail me the details at email@example.com. We’re also happy to include new and better photos and a photo credit for your submission.
Private yacht charter
If you don’t have your own boat but want to explore these waters, check out https://sailchannelislands.com/luxury-yacht/ We know where all of this is … hell, we wrote the book!